What is Canadian Experience Class (CEC)?
This class is for skilled workers who already have Canadian work experience and want to become permanent residents.
- Have at least 1 year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada
- Apply within 3 years of obtaining your skilled work experience
- Have had legal status while working, or studying, in Canada
- Meet minimum language levels in English or French; and
- Plan to live outside the province of Quebec
- You can find a detailed list of eligibility requirements on the IRCC website.
What kind of work experience do I need?
Your work experience must be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or Skill Level B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC).
If you are a graduate of a post-secondary institution in Canada and have studied as a full-time student for at least 2 academic years, you may be eligible to apply under the CEC.
How do I apply under the CEC?
If you are eligible to apply under the CEC category, you may submit your profile to Express Entry. Express Entry is a new online application system for economic immigration categories, such as the CEC.
March 18th, 2020